Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More new firsts...



Pictures are up! Here is the link to my beautiful boys:


http://sixfourteenphotography.blogspot.com/2009/08/cook-brothers.html



Funny thing is, this group picture should have never happened! These are not the outfits that I had picked out for the group shot, but I guess I will take what I can get. I am excited for Colton (out photographer) to finish the touch-ups on all of the other pics he took!

Last night was an interesting evening on our block. It was the return of our long lost neighbors Rebecca and Gabriel. They left us for small town living near Amarillo and came back for a visit last night. This gave us the opportunity to partake in a few adult beverages...of which I only had two. My husband had a bit more. Though pics of me reveal otherwise, it is just my Asian genes kicking in that make me all red-faced after one drink!

Now, being 33 makes you really think about how much you can actually drink. Looking back on how I was at 21 compared to now is a huge difference. Maybe I will find a pic of me at 21 and compare it to the one we took last night for tomorrow's blog...should be an interesting comparison. It is amazing what 12 years can do to someone's stamina. Two drinks wasn't even an appetizer back in the day...now, that is most likely my evening. Not that, that is a bad thing. Hell, it is alot cheaper for me now than back then...LOL

I think what holds me back is the boys. I have to be responsible now. A grown-up. Although Ethan says that 35 is when you are an adult. I'm not 35 so do I have to be one?;-) I sometimes think about the glory days of being 20, single with no responsibilities. Would I ever want to go back to that? My baby sis is 28, single, living at a resort in her first year apprenticeship as a chef. She posts pics of her backpacking in the mountains, kayaking and playing softball. Sometimes I look at those pics and am jealous. Looks so freeing. There are so many pros and cons to being single versus being married with kids.

What would I choose now?

Married with kids. This is hard, no doubt about it. Leaves many restrictions on what I can do. There is no real ME time. My ME time is spent here, clipping coupons, reading emails, looking at Facebook, while the kids watch Noggin and I make sure they do not kill eachother. One of the biggest positives is that I have a partner in all of this. Someone to tag out so I can take a shower by myself or go to the store with no kids in tow. And I am never alone. There will always be someone to hug, someone to cuddle with, someone to say I love you. That is the best part.

So even though, I can't party like I used to, I am happy that I do not really want to. I would rather pick up my baby, cuddle on the couch and have them say "I love you Mommy"

It doesn't get better than that.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I wish Colton lived somewhere close to us so we can take some nice pictures. But then again I'm so cheap the only times we've visited any photo studio was Sears, JCPenney, or Picture People, ALWAYS with a coupon for free session fee, a free 8x10, and $3.99 sheets.

    ReplyDelete