Sunday, August 30, 2009

As of September 1st...

..this will be a new chapter for the Cook Family. I am going to lay it all out there for everyone to see and you can decide whether or not I deserve the title of Coupon Queen! I really want to be "Ultimate Savings Queen". Many of my friends think what I do is amazing and I appreciate that but in the coupon world, I am still an amateur. I believe that I am hard core because I can't imagine life before coupons but I see the deals other people get on www.Hotcouponworld.com and other blogs and still think I have alot to learn.

...so come September 1st, 2009, I am going to blog about EVERY purchase we make. Whether it be food, gas, DVDs, take out..what have you. It will be logged for EVERYONE to see! Keep me accountable to my savings!!! It will be logged on www.mint.com A GREAT FREE site to help anyone keep a budget!

...but here I will list line by line what we spent. Then we will have a running total of the amount spent for the month of September. If I am really good, I will keep it as a spreadsheet and see how much I really saved. I am only going to track what I saved with coupons. I will not include the store savings. I want to see how many coupons I use in a month.

Do you have a guess? I really do not have a guess...LOL If you want to venture one, I will mail out an envelope full of coupons in whatever category you choose to the person who guesses closest to what I used!!

Should be interesting. Won't you join me in the GREAT COUPON RACE?

3 comments:

  1. I dont even know... but I commend you on your shopping skills. With that many children- every penny counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting in front of the computer, glasses on, bag o' popcorn in hand, waiting to see what happens next. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Receipts are building...I should have had a mid month preview...sorry for the delay guys!

    ReplyDelete