Sunday, August 9, 2009

Getting back into couponing...

...well I was never really out of it but I have been sad because I have been missing out on deals because I have been so busy with the family. Now that we are starting to get a handle on things, I am getting back into it! I just need to be more organized! Got some great savings today though!

...so there was a great coupon to use at Walgreens the past four days and I took advantage of it!

Three transactions, not many, but lots of goodies in return.

First transaction:

8 Skippy Peanut Butter 16.3 ozs
2 Pop Tarts 8 ct
2 Keebler Fudge Cookies 15 ozs
2 Cheez Its 4.5 ozs
2 Drano (Walgreens brand) 32 ozs
4 Chicken of the Sea Tuna 5 ozs
1 Nail Polish Remover 10 ozs
2 Penway Pencils 10 pk
2 Vinyl Binders 1"
1 Gum Toothbrush 2 pk

Total OOP: $27.60 Saved: $34.38
Average of $1.06 per item!
Received back: $10 RR for peanut butter, $5 RR for Kellogg's, $3.50 RR for toothbrush
Total of $18.50 to spend in the next two weeks!
If you want to include these RR savings: $27.60-$18.50 = $9.10
Average of $0.35 per item!

Second transaction:

4 Photostamp kits which includes Gift Code for 20 stamps.
These were clearanced at 75% off! Check your Walgreens for more!!!

Total OOP: $25.72 after taxes
This averaged out to $0.30 stamp before taxes!!! Who ever gets stamps on sale??? Love it!!!

Third transaction:

1 Photostamp kit
4 Dove Body Mists
4 Dove Ultimate Clear Deodorant
1 Huggies Newborn Jumbo Pack
1 Walgreens Jumbo pack Size 4s (clearanced 50% off!)

OOP: $23.96 Savings $50.32
Average $2.18 per item (Very high dollar items at that)
Received back $10RR for Dove products
Thus: $23.96-$10RR = $13.96
OR $1.27 per item!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND, I will get to submit this for the Caregivers Rebate for the Huggies diapers as well for more cash back!

Basically, for next week's sales I have $28.50 to spend! WOOHOO!

Then it was on to Tom Thumb in Southlake (don't ask me to explain why I had to go there, someone out there knows why!!!)

I went to there to get my cheap cat food with coupons that were to expire today in combo with their great super coupons this week!

Spent $26.14 Saved $38 or 60% Not great but I did buy a couple of cartons of Almond Milk and a $3 brush for my shower. Without those, my OOP would have been under $20.

Not bad for getting back on the horse. I will try to do better next week and report in on it!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment