Friday, August 28, 2009

It's been a while...

...I am back at work..my first full week and I stayed the entire 40 hours! That in itself is an accomplishment. I thought for sure I would be applying for VTO (voluntary time off) whenever the opportunity presented itself. I felt that I would be doing my family a disservice by going home early. Chris and I have many financial goals that we would like to accomplish by December so I should not be taking time unpaid "just because"

...the kids have also started school. Kids. PLURAL. I have two in school now. WOW! Tristan seems to be adjusting well. Scared me a little bit since his teacher called me around 11 am this morning but it was just cause he was missing his Alphabet Book. When I saw her name on my phone, I thought something happened and my heart jumped up in my throat...He did have his binder signed because he was throwing wood chips at recess but other than that, I am told he is adjusting well. I have to give him a little leeway since this really is his first structured environment. He never had the chance to go to Pre-School like Ethan nor did we ever have daycare. My Tristan is a very smart boy and I know he will do well. Today, he picked a flower for his teacher...yes, this would be my little charmer...

...I must say that I am very proud of Ethan. He is being such a GREAT older brother and I really do not tell him that enough. He looks out for Tristan and he really is happy to have him at school with him. It is still hard for the boys in the morning and you can hear Ethan telling Tristan that they both have to get ready for school. It really is so cute.

...for Chris and I...I think this adjustment is going to take some getting used to. I am not sure what to do to make this easier for him on Thursdays and Fridays. I can't imagine what it will be like if he goes back to having weekends off instead of Monday and Tuesday nights! Currently, he is the one dealing with football practices and dinner...almost makes me want to switch my shift back to days. But, I really do like nights..or I guess I should say evenings. This shift is MUCH less stressful than when I worked days and I really do like the people down here. I remember being so scared to come to this team. Scared of the new manager, the people...and now, I can't imagine why...

...and I really need to get back to better couponing. I have been getting some decent deals lately at Walgreens with their $5/$25 deals and so many Register Rewards. They needed to do something when they took away their rebate program and I appreciate their efforts to keep us couponers happy...I think with being at work during this shift, I should be able to do more research and really search the deals. I am working on a better organization system as well as a teaching method for both beginners and intermediate couponers. I do not consider myself an expert yet, though I know many of my friends turn to me for help, they should see how some others do it! WOW! I have not made it on TV nor radio so I guess I am not an expert..YET! Please notice the emphasis...LOL

...well thanks for listening to my rant...I know I haven't been keeping up like I wanted. I will try to be better about it...

Happy Friday EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment