Friday, July 31, 2009

School Supply Shopping...

3:46 pm



...it is that time of year again, school starts in 4 weeks! Here in Texas there is always one weekend in August dedicated to TAX-FREE shopping! Unfortunately, the state is waiting until the weekend before school starts to have it! I am not waiting until three days before school begins to make sure my kids have everything just to save 8.25%...



...so today, while Ronan napped with Daddy, I brought the other three boys to Walgreens. Today only at http://www.walgreens.com/ you can print off a 15% off your total purchase coupon. That is saving almost DOUBLE the tax! Also, there are $3/1 backpack coupons in this weeks flier. Luckily, we found a backpack for both Ethan and Tristan on our first try! Regularly $15.99, ended up being around $11 each. Not awesome, but I will take it! This is the first year that I have ever brought the boys with me for their school supplies. So, we bring it home and go through what we have leftover from years past. Let's just say, they were all thrown in a box and going through all of it was not easy! I sweated trying to find it all! One thing I discovered was that I am out of pencils! Have four packages of mechanical pencils but Ethan is still not allowed to have those in third grade! Dang it!



...I did find Washable Crayola Markers for Tristan which I thought I would have to go out and buy so I was happy about that since those are not cheap! I just need more Manila paper for Ethan, dividers with pockets because I only have the ones without pockets and a 1" hardcover binder as I only have the vinyl 1" binders. So, not too bad.



...I just got an email from http://www.cvs.com/ for a $5/$30 purchase so I may check through their flier as well and see if there are any GREAT Extra Bucks deals to be had! Or at least check the preview for Sunday's ad on http://www.hotcouponworld.com/ since the coupon runs through Sunday.



...oh and I did my mile this morning! And I brought one child with me, Coltan, in the Baby Trend stroller and it took me 35 minutes. So far, I am doing better on food but it is Pizza Friday! LOL Well, Coltan is crying, better get at it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment