Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day #1....

This was written around 5 pm today:...

...yes, I walked my first mile today. I went as soon as I woke up at 9 am. Though, I did not lay down until 3 am and you know the baby got up at least twice..but I said yesterday: NO EXCUSES!!! I ate a decent breakfast, plain oatmeal with Splenda and non-fat milk and a 1/2 grapefruit. So far, I have downed 3 bottles of water. My goal is to drink a minimum of 64 ozs a day. And yes, I mean water! The only other liquid I have had today is 3/4 c of non-fat milk.

...unfortunately, I am extremely tired so I am VERY happy that my 30 minutes of cardio was completed as soon as I woke up. I know that for myself, if I procrastinate, it will not get done. I did take a nice two-hour nap with the baby this afternoon so I feel a little bit better.


...the eating better is going to take some getting used to. Ever since I had the baby, I have been having a sort of free for all. In my head, I have been trying to calculate all the calories I have eaten...yeah, that's not a pretty number! Currently, I am using sparkpeople.com to track my eating and cardio. It is a nice little website and it is FREE! My favorite word! Right now, as of 4:45pm, I am at 1585 calories consumed (this includes dinner that I have not eaten yet, but have already portioned out for myself) Supposedly I can have up to 2,000 since I am exclusively breastfeeding. I am going to do a little more research to make sure that I am eating enough, because I definitely do not want my milk supply to go down.

*******************************************************************************

And now it is midnight...how did the rest of my evening go? Food wise, not so good. Went to Sprouts with Tanya, Ronan and Coltan and got some fresh fruits and veggies. But, when we got home around 7:30pm, I started to get hungry. I cut up some watermelon for the kids and had maybe 1/2 cup for myself, not much. Then, we start watching Top Chef: Masters. Probably not the best show to be watching when all you want to do is eat!

So around 8:45pm I make myself 6 Triscuits with cheddar cheese on them. But am I satisfied yet? No....So at 9:30 pm, I almost grabbed my Old Dutch Ketchup Potato Chips that my sister sent me, but I put them back on the shelf and grabbed the cauliflower out of the fridge, cut it up and served it with Kraft Fat Free Ranch. Ethan ate it with me, love that he loves veggies!!!

But one last thing...just before Chris leaves for work at 11pm, the boys would like some of the Honey Roasted Peanuts that have not yet been opened. Man those look good...and yes, they are good! So, needless to say, food wise, not too happy with myself. Goal was to eat between 1,500-2,000 calories. I ate 2,300. Those last 300 calories came from the peanuts! Ah well...

Some positives to take away from today: I drank my goal of 64ozs of water! I completed 30 minutes of cardio and I recorded everything I ate, no matter what!!! I really should not expect my eating habits to change overnight. I know that I need a little leeway. Also, what I can take away from today is that I need to figure out why I get so hungry after 8 pm. I know I do not get much sleep, so it could be that I am just awake so many hours, three meals is not cutting it. Also, guaranteed I was consuming well over 3,000 calories a day for the past six weeks. My body is probably not used to me eating so well after all this time.

Also, yes, I read everyone's comments and we will stretch my weight loss goal through to Christmas. I should be losing 1-2 lbs per week while breastfeeding. That puts me out 20 weeks to reach my goal. I am hoping to at least be a size 8-10 when the Christmas party comes around and back to a size 6 for my next birthday! (Well, maybe that goal will be by Easter! ;-)

These next two weeks are really going to be the test for me. If I can just stick to a schedule for two weeks, then I know I can until I reach my goal. The first two weeks are always the hardest!

No comments:

Post a Comment