Friday, September 18, 2009

Too long...I know

...so interesting fact as I sit here and enjoy my Mocha Frappuccino ice cream, I wonder, how many calories am I ingesting?

For 1/2 cup (or a 1/4 of the container) is 220 calories and 13 grams of fat. (And yes, I really did only eat half a cup! It is back in the freezer as I type this!) Now how does that compare to the actual drink?

For a Grande it is 380 calories and 15 grams of fat when made with 2% milk and whip cream! No whip and skim milk changes it to 260 calories and 3.5 grams of fat (but not as delicious!).

Now I don't know about anyone else but I would rather eat than drink my calories and trust me when I say that this ice cream is worth it!

I was sad when my $2/1 coupons expired! I thought I used all of mine but then found out after they expired I still had some in my stash! So sad since Kroger has these on for $2.50 each so I was buying them for $0.50 each! So worth it!!!!

I know I was supposed to be posting my savings and coupons but with work, school and football, life has been busy! I am keeping all my receipts and I will have a tally at the end of the month, for sure!

So I have been back at work for a month now and it really is like I never left. Work is ever changing and I have am now on a different team since being back and my dept is different now. So many changes and I am not sure how this is going to effect me career wise. There just does not seem like there is room for growth anymore and I am scared of being stagnant. I am 33 years old and do not want to be doing this job into my 40s. When I started there, I expected to be much farther along in my five year plan than I am now. My three year anniversary is November 6th and all I have done is become a Master Rep and my manager is 9 years younger than me....then again so is my closest friend right now...:-)

I love the company I work for but even as one of the top companies in our industry we are struggling. I shouldn't complain, my husband has it far worse. We don't even know how long his company is going to last. We are preparing to become a one income family if we have to. We are also preparing for him to go back to school. I think he has found something that he really wants to do and I am so happy for him. I had my time, now it is his turn.

To help the cause I will really be honing my couponing skills. Getting organized and buying the loss leaders at the stores. I will also be trying to cook more. Since I have been back at work we have had takeout only twice! Once was Little Cesaer's and once was TGIFriday's that I only paid $3.24 because I had an $8 off coupon! That is huge for our family because Monday's were always $1 Hamburger meal nights at McD's and Friday was pizza night! Those combined were $15-20/week depending on if we got one or two pizzas. Grocery shopping has been significantly less and Ethan has been eating more so I am seeing my pantry start to dwindle...

...well baby is getting up for his middle of the night feeding...hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment